Monday, June 21, 2010

What are some great eyeshadow colors for a dark skinned girl?

I've never worn eyeshadow before, well I tried and I found myself looking really retarded so I removed it. Maybe it's cause I'm not good at applying it.





Any suggestion for good colors that will match my skin tone (dark brown)What are some great eyeshadow colors for a dark skinned girl?
Light purple, very light orange, or a feint creme/beige. Those work for me when I see them on a beautiful dark skinned woman. If that's really you in your pic I think you are cute enough to stay au naturale on the shadow and maybe just touch up the eyelids (just a tad). I know there are more knowledgable and qualified people than me to advise you. I'm just telling you from this guys point of view what I think is pretty.What are some great eyeshadow colors for a dark skinned girl?
The all time best eyeshadows are from MAC and Urban Decay. You can't go wrong with these two brands. I always use a black for my lower lids, like Perversion by Urban Decay. And then I go lighter in the middle, like Baked by Urban Decay which is a nice gold color. I then use the lightest color on my eyebrow bone to highlight my brows (in Urban Decay Gridlock or Scandal). You should start with Urban Decay's Book of Shadows with 16 shadows....I love this set. Then go on Youtube and find eyeshadow tutorials (QueenofBlending is amazing). They will guide you step by step on how to put it on so that it looks beautiful.





The best colors for dark brown skin:


black


gold


plum


green (I promise...green is really pretty)
I don't know how much of a dark brown skinned girl you are. Don't try black, it's kind of hard to notice I had to put a lot on my friend. I think a light purple would look nice. Just experiment. I personally do not see a picture of you but I have experimented on my friend and she looks great with dark blue and purple and especially gold, not silver because it tends to look a little ashy.
Bourjois Ombres 脿 paupi猫res in 71 Or Raffine as a Highlighter ( Apply on whole eye after putting concealer %26amp; loose powder as a base.





Bourjois Suivez mon Regard in 26 Gris Pixel %26amp; 27 Sparkling Bleu ( Sliver %26amp; Turquoise Green (Applied on Eye Crease)





Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof in Black ( Black Eyeliner used closely on lash line)





Bourjois Duochrome eyeliner Gris Perl ( Pinky Purple )





MAC Powder Eyeshadow in Coppering (Reddish Bronze , your best neutral)





MAC Powder eyeshadow in Plum Dressing ( Bright Plum Purple)





Loreal Double Extension Mascara in Carbon Black (DFS Orchard , Singapore )





Blusher : Bobbi Brown in Raspberry





Lip Gloss - Revlon Super Lustrous Lip gloss SPF 15 in Raisin Glaze


Bourjois Eau De Gloss in Framboise





Foundation, Concealer %26amp; Loose Powder - Bobbi Brown Cosmetics


Inouvi Cosmectics
I'd recommend earth colours. You know, browns, greens, blues, etc-


I have a friend that does makeup tutorials, that are like really good,


here channel is http://www.youtube.com/makeupisfunx3 she has tutorials on green-gold colors, etc- she's light skinned, BUT she purposefully does colours that look good on everyone. You have to just find a colour that's good for you.





Colours that I think look good on dark skin is purple, green, browns, oranges, golds, a like a faded silver color, MAYBE, a blue. I say maybe because you probably can't rock all shades of blue.





But yeah, you have to experiment. You can't just say ';colors for dark skinned girl';, because every girl is so different, you have different features, different personality, different colours in clothing you often wear, different shades of dark skin itself...it just depends on the person. You have to find the colour that you think looks good on you, and fits you more, you don't want to look cloned to all people with dark skin, do you? lol...good luck
i would say definitely look for maybelline eyeshadow in antique jade http://www.es.maybelline.com/images/products/thumbNails/360ESU_xl.jpg and also some nice colors like dark greens and golds such as :emerald , down to earth and copper penny from the queen collection by Covergirl http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=queen_1_kit_eye_shadows hope this helps i`m sure it will look great : )
when i do my friends make up (she has a dark skin tone as well)


i like to use gold tones, with black eyeliner, or if you want something more subtle grays and silvers work too.





and if you really want to be bold, a shimmy purple color will look awesome.





and about the applying thing, if you go on covergirl.com they have so many tips, and have live chat that can help you pick out colors, also!





hope i helped(:
pink...orange...blue depends on the shades


oh gold is a lovely color that matches dark brown sistas...umm check this tutorial hope it helps





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ruDgDOC鈥?/a>
Im dark and if apply well I say brown with gold or either Brown or gold. Especially if you apply it right and it make brown eyes look gorgeous.
try matte colours such as dark red,indigo and sometimes even beige will look nice


goodluck :)
  • c++
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    virus removal