Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How can I make my eyeshadow come out bright and vivid?

I've tried everything....MAC paints underneath, MAC mixing medium, Visine, white eye pencil on lid, Urban Decay Potion Primer, etc. Nothing gives me that true to life color like I see some other girls get. Is there anything else I haven't thought of?How can I make my eyeshadow come out bright and vivid?
I'm surprised that the primers you've tried haven't worked for you. But, there are different primers and of course, some might not be as good as others.





I use a primer called ';Spackle'; by Laura Geller. It's actually a 3-way primer kit, with basic spackle, lip spackle and *eye spackle*. It's truly an awesome product and I'm never without it... It's the first product I've ever found that truly maintains-- actually locks in-- your blusher, lip and eye shadow colors. And... the price is reasonable for a 3 product item.





Here's the link to QVC.com:





http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.d鈥?/a>





Lastly, you might try some of the new ';wet/dry'; shadows that are really hot right now. Applying the shadow -wet- really lays down a good color base. It's the only shadow I use now.





Also, keep in mind that when makeup colors fade or don't remain ';true';, it's usually more an issue of our *skin* than a product deficiency. Basically, it's just being absorbed into our pores. Be sure to keep your skin super clean, and go easy on the moisturizer before you apply your makeup! Keep a pack of rice blotting papers (you can find them in the drugstore) in your make up bag for quick touch-ups during the day. That's sure to help.





Hope this was helpful. Good luck to you!How can I make my eyeshadow come out bright and vivid?
You may be using colors that don't go well with your skin tone. Try wetting your eye shadow brush and smoothing on your eyeshadow wet. After it dries, blend. This will give you a stronger thicker coat of shadow and may help with the faded coloring.
okay trust me this will work!!!!! its not expensive and its so easy... i had the same problem as yours....... i had bought a cheap foundation that was too white on me so i decided to use it on my eyelids to make my shadow POP and thats exactly what it did!... so anywho it started running out and i couldnt find that foundation anymore so i decided to buy a new one from a drug store its from Loreal DE-CREASE Eyeshadow Base unfortunatly it wasnt what i hoped it would be it dryed out on my lids and made them look wrinkley.. i did not want to have it go to waste so i experimented with it and finally got the look i was hoping for... b4 you put the shadow base on apply a small amount of NIVEA creme on your lid after that use the wand from your base and use one layer ..not to much .. after that apply your shadow then blend your shadow...make sure u apply the nivea and base on one eye, apply the shadow, and then to the other eye
if you get good quality makeup, like chanel or dior, the pigments are truer, so they show up better. or you could just put more on
Benefit has a nice eyeshadow primer.


Keep using visine (it does help make eyes look whiter)


Try Almay eyeshadow. It doesn't crease, doesn't fade, doesn't irritate. It has a bunch of bold and suttle colors too! Go to Almay.com and take a look!


Also, I heard blushes can be used for eyeshadow too, so maybe if you get a good blush that won't fade it willl work on your eyes too!


Maybe if eyeshadow doesn't work for you, my friend (who has a similar problem to this) uses smudgable eyeliners and blends that over her eyes. Careful though not only is it realllly dramatic, but unless you are used to liner pencils it could tug on your lids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus removal