Monday, November 30, 2009

What is good to help keep eyeshadow on oil eyelids?

i have oily eyelids so if i don't use anything my make up ends up coming off after a couple of hours...or it won't look very good. i have used lemon aid by benefit and the MAC paints, which are pretty good products, but i'm looking for something else. i heard that if you use like a cream base, sometimes it can crease or make the oily-ness even worse because it's kind of oily already. i have also read that some people use powder, etc...but i don't think that will work very well for me.





has anyone ever tried FY-eye by benefit? how was it for you? anything else anyone can suggest?What is good to help keep eyeshadow on oil eyelids?
I have oily eyelids, too! Liquid eyeshadows are not good for me. I use Clinique's touch base on my eyelids before putting any makeup on. Since my skin coloring is light, I use it in the color canvas. They also have other colors and some are better for certain colors of eye makeup. You can buy it at a department store or go here to look at it:





http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>





ONe more thing...make sure that you use waterproof mascara! If not, your mascara will come off when you blink.What is good to help keep eyeshadow on oil eyelids?
water proof eyeshadow
A powder shadow will be better than a cream shadow.


But if you prefer a cream shadow, mix it with a little bit of powder shadow in the same shade.


This will keep it from creasing quickly.





You may also want to prep the area with a mattifying foundation or concealer, so your natural oils do not smudge your color.
Use Primer. MAC has an eyeshadow primer called prep and prime. It allows the shadow to stay on longer and not cause any creases.
I have oily lids too! I found what works to keep the shadows and eye stuff on my lid is to cover my lid with to right under the brow with a lil conceilor then pat it with a smidge of powder using a large fluffy powder brush. Then I would either use Shelaq by Benefit with my makeup while applying it or apply the makeup then patting a bit of the Shelaq on top to keep it sealed. I found the makeup wont budge at all this way =). No more raccoon eyes! Shelaq comes with some neato tools too so u can apply the stuff over your mascara too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus removal