Monday, November 30, 2009

How can I keep my eyeshadow from creasing?

I've tried just about every trick that I've heard of and nothing works. And it's so annoying to have to keep reapplying eyeshadow every hour not to mention inconvenient. Any ideas, tips, tricks, or even changing brands of shadow, just any suggestion would be a HUGE help. Thank you!How can I keep my eyeshadow from creasing?
Well, my first suggestion is not to use cream eyeshadow, if that's what you're using. cream eyeshadow creases much more than powder. Another tip is not to rub your eyes or apply eyeshadow with the tip of your finger, because the oil from your hands gets on your lids and can cause creasing. The best way to apply is with a brush, because you can build up thin layers, and these thin layers are less likely to crease than one thick layer put on with a sponge wand. If you use an oily makeup remover at the end of the day, there my be some residual oil on your lids, so you might want to switch to a non-oily kind. You might try putting some face powder under your eye makeup as a base, as well. As for brands, I've found that Avon eyeshadow is very good, as is (surprisingly!) Jane. Jane eyeshadow is for teens, I know, but it's of shockingly high quality. I hope this helps!How can I keep my eyeshadow from creasing?
if you're using cream shadow, switch to a powder.
Use concealer on your eye lid or use liquid eye shadow or roll on
Primer will help; however, all eyeshadow eventually creases. Of all the eyeshadow brands I have used Rimmel seems to last the longest before creasing. I know some women put regular face powder on their eyelids and under their eyes before applying shadow...but you know what...it makes them look 10 years older because the face powder magnifies every single line around their eyes 10 times. Yuck!
It seems that alot of people are saying primer, but really even if it works for a while in the long run you're just putting more stuff on your eyes. It will work though. If you don't want to use primer I would suggest wearing a different brand of makeup. I use Bare Minerals which is all natural products. It feels really light weight and it doesn't crease...ever! Bare Minerals also won't spear and is waterproof. They have eye shadow, eye glimmers, liner, mascara, lip gloss/stick/stain, foundations, and so much more! I really recommend them; they are the only makeup company that I've used and I'm extremely happy with them.
I second the Mary Kay suggestion. It's called Triple Action Eye Enhancer. I use it whenever I wear eyeshadow and I have very oily eye lids. It works well! Only thing I've found to keep my color from creasing. But I'm sure other things work. Try sephora.com also.
i know i had that same problem. i wish i knew the tricks you tried, so i wouldnt tell you one you already hurd, i know tons. Contact me: Azn_senorita_4_ever@yahoo.com
I suggest buying an eyeshadow that can be used wet or dry and by using it wet to apply with a good brush I have found that it stays in place very well
Mary Kay has a eye primer that prevents that from happining.
Try using an Eye Primer. Mary Kay has a really good one.
try an eyeshadow base. lancome has a great one. it's called something ';aqua';... in ';nude.'; it is AMAZING. i swear, i've slept w/my eyeshadow on before %26amp; it looks the same in the morning. perhaps a little fainter or duller, but NEVER creased!
hmmmm
TRY an eyeshaodw primer. here are some good ones that willl make ut eyeshadow look gorgeous all day!, it wull stay on through seat and tears and itching eyes here are some tested by me rally good primers!


i have extremely oily eylids adn these primers keep my eyeshaopdw on ALL day!


1.F.Y....EYE by benefit


2.mac eye primer


3. urben decay eye primer potion
Use base powder on your eyelids FIRST before applying your eyeshadow. The powder helps absorb the body's natural skin oils which in turn creates those nasty creases in your eyemakeup!
Try using BeneFit f.y eye. Make all that primping count with the staying power of f.y...eye, the ultimate eye shadow base. No more creasy eye shadows. No more eye shadows that start off here and end up there. This melon-colored cream may be as soft as velvet, but it鈥檚 hard on makeup meltdown.
use a base before applying the eyeshadow and then primer.
It all depends on what kind of eyeshadow you wear. I would suggest not using cream eyeshadow. Use powder. And only apply it just above you lash line.
Have you tried a primer? Primers are silicone-based and help makeup to go on smoothly and last a long time.





You may also try building your eye colour. Instead of applying one thick layer, build thin, soft layers of colour until you get the intensity you want. HTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus removal